A brief history of the Jones & Rickard Group
1926 - Founded by Bill Rickard and Varcoe Jones in Sydney, to repair electric motors
1934 - Began design & manufacture of Scientific Electromagnets for local universities and small Magnets for Plate Lifting
1945 - Developed & patented a system of Dynamic Balancing
1950 - Began manufacturing Electric Motors for Mining
1956 - Moved to larger premises in Waterloo, Sydney
1960 - Phil Rickard takes over as M.D. upon the retirement of Bill Rickard
1967 - Began designing & manufacturing large Electromagnets for the Steel Industry including Ball Magnets & Slab Lifting Magnets
1974 - Justin Rickard takes over as M.D. upon retirement of Phil Rickard, also developing Frequency Changers for aviation & critical power
1980's - Now one of Australia's largest Rotating Machine service companies with a presence in each state
1998 - Board agrees to sell the majority of the Rotating business to Global Giant ABB
- Electromagnet and Dynamic Balancing operation relocates to Smithfield, Sydney
2012 - Justin Rickard retires, Peter Hackney & Arthur Steed manage the Operation
2014 - Board conducts a Strategic review
2015 - Strategy implemented to invest & grow
- Peter Hackney retires, remaining involved on a consulting basis.
- Rod Abell joins as General Manager, and Michael Sears is promoted to Operations Manager - J&R Magnetics
- Dynamic Electrical Constructions re-branded to 'Dynelec'
- Dynelec becomes a Licensed Eaton xEnergy partner for the design and manufacture of Motor Control Centres & Switchboards
- Dynelec becomes AS4801 (OHS Systems) & NSW Govt WHS Systems Edition 5 accredited
- Dynelec signs a 5 year contract to provide site electrical services to Sydney Water
2016 - After 37 years of part ownership, the Jones & Rickard Group acquires the balance of Dynelec,marching forward on the Strategic Growth Plan
- Dynelec becomes a 100% owned subsidiary of the Jones & Rickard Group
- Phil Peckman stepped back from day-to-day management, remaining invested in the Group's future as a Director and significant Shareholder.
- Rod Abell becomes CEO of the Jones & Rickard Group
- Belinda Peckman becomes Finance & Adminstration Manager, and Company Secretary, for the Jones & Rickard Group
- Later Jaco Esterhuyse joins as Group Projects & Engineering Manager.
Over 90 years the Group has been a major service provider to BHP, BlueScope Steel, Xstrata, Glencore, Metal Manufacturers, Onesteel, SIMS, Bingo, Sell & Parker, Sydney Water, Water NSW, Qenos, Boral, Morgan Cement, Svitzer, Schneider Electric, Sydney Trains, Snowy Hydro, Platinum Cables, Visy Paper and local industry.
J&R Magnetics and Dynelec are both 100% owned subsidiaries of the Jones & Rickard Group.
Dynelec is the fully integrated Electrical & Rotating Equipment specialist Delivering Reliability to Mining, Industry & Utilities segments throughout NSW.
J&R Magnetics is the recognised leader for magnetic lifting and separation solutions throughout Australia & New Zealand.